Hydraulic to Electric Motor Upgrade (Flat Setter Machine)
PGH Darra (Brisbane)
PGH is one of Australia’s largest clay brick manufacturers, offering the broadest range of bricks and pavers for residential, architectural and commercial applications on Australia’s East coast.
Integrelec ‘s Automation services have been engaged by PGH Bricks and Pavers on numerous occasions. We are continuously working side by side with PGH to achieve constant improvements to their production lines operation, efficiency and ability to interface with machinery and capture critical data with ease.
In this project we were engaged to perform an electrical and mechanical upgrade to the “Flat Setter” machine replacing existing hydraulic controlled actions with PLC controlled servomotors adding precision control and smooth operation from what was previously a rough and harsh operation resulting in almost eliminating the previous mechanical stresses on the Flat Setter and the product itself, improved speed of the manufacturing process, increased product output.
In addition the machine upgrade itself we also reconstructed the existing control panel consisting of many physical buttons to a much cleaner panel featuring 2 touch screen HMI panels which unclutters, simplifies and aids greatly in fault diagnosis. To achieve all of this Integrelec incorporated the best-practice design & construction techniques as well as the latest proven technologies, so as to future-proof the plant as much as possible.
As per all of our automated production factory upgrades, minimal downtime is imperative. Within 1 production day were able to achieve the electrical and mechanical installation as well as final commissioning of the new equipment and integration to the rest of the production line. The following day production was back in full swing immediately benefiting from the automation improvements.
- A combination of Electrical and Mechanical upgrades
- Complete new PLC code and HMI screens
- High customer satisfaction
- Quick and Comprehensive commissioning
- Machine back in operation for the next shift.
- Replace existing hydraulic controlled actions with PLC controlled servomotors.
- Supply and install new control cabinet. Relocate existing VSDs in separate cabinet into the new cabinet.
- Supply, install and commission new SEW Drives and software;
- Write, test and commission new PLC program controlling the raising, lowering and spreading actions of the Flat Setter.
- Fully labelled and documented electrical drawings, provided in hard and soft copies, easily updatable as future additions are made.
- Liaise with SEW Eurodrive and Mechanical Fitter to design motor and gearbox sizes, and cam arm hardware/brackets
- Supply servomotors, gearboxes and mechanical brackets and linkages for lift and separation functions
- Supply servomotor and gearbox for feed belt