LED Lighting Upgrade
Heinz – Golden Circle (Brisbane)
Heinz is a major multinational with leading brands in over 50 countries, the history of Heinz is one of innovation, inspiration and hard work which works in perfect with our own philosophies here at Integrelec, hence why we were excited to undertake a variety of project work including Automation and General Electrical upgrades.
The Project Scope was to replace over 250 existing HID luminaries with LED luminaries. LED lighting typically uses 80% less energy than an equivalent Halogen / HID. In addition to the energy saving there is the added benefit of lasting approximately 20 times longer which results in a great reduction in maintenance costs. Illumination of the upgraded areas now occurs instantly upon energising the lights as previously could take up to 15minutes to reach full light output.
Various areas of work meant different time schedules that production would cease, also maintenance schedules that had to be taken into account. To minimise lighting loss in the area, the old lighting system was kept intact as much as possible whilst the new system was being installed. The customer definitely appreciated this as it meant that their production schedule was able to be unaffected as maintenance were able to work during the non-production times.
Minimising loss of lighting was a major focus on this project, and achieved to the customers satisfaction.
This project highlights our skillsets and our capabilities as a company, in that we engineered the lighting circuits, designed and constructed a new lighting distribution panel, as well as electrically managing and performing all necessary tasks to achieve the customers desired outcome, and adapting to the requirements of the customer and site.
- Minimising loss of lighting during project
- Streamlining of project
- High customer satisfaction
- Large Reduction in Energy Consumption
- Greatly decreased Lighting Maintenance
- Remove existing lighting control panel
- Remove all existing cables to control panel
- Design new lighting circuits and switching to match client requirements
- Remove all existing metal halide HID fittings, redundant wiring, switches, conduits and associated equipment.
- Install new LED fittings, cable and associated materials and equipment
- Install emergency and exit lights including test control equipment.
- Test and Commission