All sites in Queensland with grid-connected inverter energy systems (including solar PV) with generation capacity of 30kW or above are required to have a Grid Protection system, certified by an RPEQ engineer, to ensure the site cannot adversely affect the power quality for neighboring properties and indeed the rest of the power distribution network.
It is the solar installer’s responsibility to select and install suitable hardware and software in accordance with the requirements provided by the network operator in their initial enquiry response, and then engage a 3rd party RPEQ consultant to certify the design and functionality of this system.
Integrelec can assist installers with all steps throughout this process, including the formal RPEQ certification.
- Advice throughout the early stages of engaging with the network provider to submit the initial enquiry to obtain their requirements for what type of protection and export control they require for the particular location.
- Auditing of existing electricity reticulation infrastructure on the site to determine the most economical point to connect the solar PV system
- Producing single line diagrams (SLDs) for the proposed system
- Selecting suitable hardware and accessories for the required Grid Protection functions
- Submitting design report to network operator
- Assistance with system commissioning including configuring inverters and grid protection hardware
- Testing and logging of power quality parameters both before and after the solar PV is turned on, to prove compliance.
- Submission of final test and commissioning report to the network operator.
We offer these services as a single package of works, or on an hourly rate depending on your requirements.
For approximate Costs and other useful Information for installers, click below.
Grid Protection, Distribution and Export Control Units
While there are a plethora of components available on the market to perform these functions, it can be complex to select the right ones to suit the location, let alone connect and configure them correctly. On top of that, installers often have to supply additional distribution boards to cater for connection of multiple inverters, and these need to provide the correct facilities to connect back to the grid protection hardware. As an installer, your time is better spent moving panels, than dealing with these tedious details.
That is why Integrelec has developed a series of ready-to-go units which can cater for the needs of most installations in a single package. (These were formerly distributed through a solar equipment wholesaler, but are now able to be purchased directly from us the manufacturer, to save you the installer money.)
With our extensive experience in onsite electrical installation, as well as in depth knowledge of the certification process, our units are guaranteed to be the most convenient to install, and the easiest to commission and test.
Our units also cater for complex situations where the export control features provided by the inverter manufacturer can’t do the job, such as multiple clusters of inverters in remote buildings away from the MSB. Ask us about our reliable and easy to setup wireless communication solutions.
Scenarios covered include:
- Stand-alone Export Control (IPS01)
- Combined Export Control and Grid-Protection (IPS02)
- Stand-alone Grid Protection (IPS03)
- Combined Grid-Protection and AC Distribution (IPS04) *** new ***
- Custom combinations and solutions are possible. Contact us to discuss your situation.
We deliver the right industrial control systems for your business, including programmable logic controllers, industrial networking and human machine interfaces.
Low Power Wireless Sensor Networks, Web-based Plant Dashboards, Cloud Data Analysis, plus much more. We help businesses identify and implement digitalization opportunities to improve efficiency.
RPEQ Certification Services and ready-to-go Grid Protection/Export Control units which make the solar installer’s life easy.
Safety is the top priority with everything we do. If you want a team who bring commitment to safety to your workplace, see how Integrelec can keep your machinery safe and safety compliant.
Get powered by a switchboard fully designed, built and installed by Integrelec’s trusted Brisbane team, whether you’re looking for power distribution, motor control or more.
Our team can carry out all the industrial upgrades or new project wiring your business requires, regardless of whether the project’s massive or miniscule.